Wednesday 5:40 PM. Brookline, Mass
Locale: Beacon Street at a stoplight with two straight lanes and a left turn only
Perpetrator: Tan Sedan

Today's winner was one that I wish I could say I exaggerated. I wish that things like this didn't actually happen. It would be lovely if people didn't go to such lengths to outdo each other with ridiculousness on the road.

I just can't make this crap up.

So our brilliant motorist is in the middle of the three lanes. Now, this lane is clearly going straight, as the one next to it is left only. So the light turns green and he goes...nowhere. The person behind him honks. He then begins to go.             Psych! Just kidding. He doesn't move. Finally with more honking, he begins to go, and starts to turn left. He then stops midway through his turn and just sits there.

The left turn lane gets their green light, and the car turning left is a UPS truck. He pulls up next to the stopped motorist to make sure he's ok.

I swear on any hallowed ground you wish me to that the next part happened.

The stopped driver sticks his hand out the window, and proceeds to give the UPS man a package.

I must be imagining this, right? There is no way he's actually trying to give a UPS driver a package while he is driving a car. So the UPS truck turns and pulls over to the side of the other side of the road. The motorist follows him and pulls up next to him and I shit you not gives him the package.

What!? Are you serious!? What in the...why in the...how in the...wow. I was beyond belief at this point. It is probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in my entire life, and will probably be the best entry I'll have for however long I write this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment