Monday 5:39 PM. Boston, Mass.
Locale: Intersection of Charles Street and 93 ramp. My lane is straight/right, and I'm going straight.
Perpetrator: Cabbie

Happy Monday everyone! You can tell it's Monday because even the cabbies are impatient.

Well...I guess they're impatient every day. In any event, one thing that bothers me to no end is people who block intersections. I think few people realize that you're not supposed to do that. This is something that happens all the time in Boston. I'm guilty of it myself. Yet I stand vigilant and try to avoid it whenever possible.

So as I'm coming up to this deathly intersection, I see that the cars in front of me have stopped, and there is room for maybe a car and a half (or two smart cars) in the intersection. I don't think there would have been room for me even if i was turning. The cabbie behind me seemed to think differently.

He starts honking like he's trying to test the durability of his car horn. Clearly he thought that I could either occupy the same space as someone's bumper, or that other traffic could just pass through my car. Thankfully the cars moved, so I was able to pull into the intersection. I watched as he turned, and went about 12 feet before stopping behind the other traffic. Way to go bud. You may not have gotten anywhere fast that night, but you took the express route to the winner's circle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment