Tuesday 4:49 PM. Boston, Mass
Locale: Intersection of Charles St. and Blossom St.
Perpetrator: Black Ford Pickup Truck

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. Often times, when things are designed for one purpose, they are capable of doing similar functions, even though they weren't intended to do so. Can a chair be used as a stepladder? Sure. Should you use a chair as a stepladder? If it doesn't swivel, then that's probably a fair idea. So, if your car is designed to go over tough terrain, should you be unafraid of things in the road? Sure. Should you drive over whatever you want? Probably not.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. So rather than try and describe where this took place, and what the circumstances were, here's a picture:
Now, it's probably easier to do this for every entry, but I didn't think that far ahead when I started the blog. So this is approximately where I am, except there are cars just about everywhere both on my side and on the other side of the divider. You may be wondering what this has to do with my rant from the beginning of the article. Well, positioned on the other side of that divider was a black pickup. Now, going back to what I was saying about can and should, this divider was certainly no problem for such a truck. His truck is designed for tough terrain, so it could probably drive over this bit of concrete. Does that mean he should do it?

Well, apparently he thought so. He drives up and over the curb, cuts in front of me, and drives down the street you can see the grey car turning down. Like I said, it all comes down to can versus should. Just because you can make my blog, doesn't mean you should try to.

No comments:

Post a Comment