Monday
Locale
Perpetrator

Hello everyone!
Sorry for being absent these two weeks. I was on vacation as of Friday the 10th, and being the awful blogger that I am, I forgot to tell you all. Fret not, I have returned and am ready to start telling you about all the ridiculous driving that I encounter. Knowing that it is a Monday, I am ready for anything. Anything except nothing.

That is, at best, a horrible example of sentence structure, English grammar, and conveyance all in one. Allow me to elaborate: I really didn't see much today that is worthy of the blog. Now, this is not to say that there weren't some bone-headed maneuvers. That goes without question. The thing is, the bar is starting to get pretty high for me. Most of what I saw are things that were overshadowed or even weaker versions of things I've talked about before. Needless to say, the first day back was much less than what I was hoping for. The one day I came to Boston during my break? Now that is a day worth writing about.

It starts, as many of these tales do, on the ramp outside the TD Garden, heading to Storrow Drive. I am coming around in the right lane, as I usually do, to avoid the left hand exit which never moves. The person ahead of me has the same plan. The only problem is that when the right lane becomes two, he is still driving down the middle of the road. He eventually drifts over, and as I go to pass him, I glance over. This guy, this wonderful example of driving excellence, is flossing. As in his teeth. I don't claim to be any type of authority on dental hygiene, and I certainly don't know where he was going that it was so crucial to floss, but I think flossing is a procedure that takes maybe two minutes. Dude, wait until you get where you're going, and floss then.

That would be enough for a normal day. This is my vacation though. Boston is going all out today, because she knows that this is the one time in these two weeks I'll be on her streets.

When I make it to Storrow drive, I'm relieved to find it moving at a pretty fair pace. I'm in the rightmost lane, and I see the person in the middle lane has their right blinker on. So I keep my pace behind them to allow them to go in front of me, and I wait. And wait....and wait. Where does the person decide to go? They turn into the left lane, right blinker flashing away.

So I finally make it to my favorite exit, and I know that much of this traffic is going to the Red Sox game that day. I thought the best way to do that was to either take the Fenway exit, or turn right off of the exit I took to head near Fenway for better parking. Apparently going straight through the exit I take is the better plan, as two cars in a row went straight through the right only.

Well played Boston. Well Played.

No comments:

Post a Comment