Casual Friday - 8.3.12
Hey everyone!
So, I've decided to do a things a little different. Inspired by last weeks humorous incident with the ducks, and this weeks tale of sheer failure, I officially declare the entries on Fridays to be "Casual Fridays." Rather than rant and rave about some ridiculous maneuver that someone does, or some near accident I narrowly avoid, I'll tell a more amusing tale from the road.

So, any of my friends or relatives can tell you that I'm great with directions (if they're feeling like being nice to me.) I always say that if you take me somewhere twice in the day, or three times at night, I can get back there no problem. I learn routes and roads pretty quick. Well, this is a tale of sheer incompetence...on my part.

So I went to Salem, Massachusetts to attend a game night. I've been to the area before, but only on weekends. I wasn't sure where it would be alright to park for an extended period of time without paying, but I knew the last time I went to this shop for a tournament, I found a street and parked there for a while without penalty. So I drive around looking for this street and I simply can't find it for the life of me. I do however find another street, and there are no signs to say not to park there. I went from street corner to street corner just to be sure, and there was not a sign to be found.

After a victorious 4-1 record, I politely declined drinks with some friends, and made my way back. Unfortunately, I had only been there once in the day time. So I go to where I think the car is and it is nowhere to be seen. So I think that maybe I parked up a block. However, as I head down the street, I realize there is no "up a block." At this point I pull out my phone, and even the highest advances in Apple technology cannot help me in my quest.

Long story short (not really) here's the route I ended up with:
The blue dot is my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment