Tuesday 8:09 AM. Revere, Mass
Locale: Intersection of Washington Ave and Sargent St, A T shaped intersection
Perpetrator: White Minivan

They say the early bird catches the worm. Well, for early birds today, all they would be able to catch is the stupid. Today's driver has the honor of being the earliest driver thus far to make my list. Let me layout my commute for you:

7:55- I leave the apartment
8:10- I turn on to Route 1
8:30- I pass through the Tobin Tolls
8:50- I turn off of Storrow Drive
9:00- I get to work

Generally speaking, the stupid doesn't decide to grace my presence until at least 8:25. It must have had some Folger's in its cup this morning.

So in this T shaped intersection, the body of the T is a left turn for me leading to route one. I am waiting patiently at the red light to allow commuters coming up the body of the the T to turn right or left into one of the arms. I look across the intersection and I see that the car coming the opposite way from me has no blinker on. I always check, just in case they want to go on red when I get my green arrow. No blinker = we're good.

Or so I thought.

Even though the person who was first in line at the intersection wasn't turning right, that didn't mean that the person second in line didn't want to. He went over the double yellow, went around the first person, and took a right through the intersection...as other traffic was turning left into the lane he just cut into. I was shocked that he had the room to get through without hitting anyone. He did not however have the ability to dodge my eye, nor my blog entry for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment