Monday 8:55 AM. Brookline, Mass
Locale: Beacon St, a two lane road at a stoplight.
Perpetrator: Green Minivan

Welcome back everyone!
So I decided to grant a window of peace, because no one can drive well around the holidays. I think I could probably write a blog just on holiday traffic alone. Thankfully, the most traffic I encountered was on a boat on a lake, so I was quite alright with sharing the space.

Mondays are a tough day, even without a holiday the week before. The lucky ones got the whole week to enjoy. Some got no time at all. I took a fair break, tactically reserving Thursday and Friday off, for a super exteneded July 4th weekend. On Monday, I think that enthusiastic is one of the last words I'd describe myself as during my trip into Beantown.

That doesn't mean I seemingly forgot how to drive.

Its as if I never left. We're coming up to the stoplight right in front of where I work, and I see that it shifts from green to yellow. The minivan in front of me slams on the breaks, and the light goes red. I almost made it to my office, as it is down the road to the right. So I'm stuck behind this guy with my blinker on. "OK," I think, "I can see my office and there were no other drivers that could have earned my stamp today. I don't think slamming at a yellow is worthy." The driver had a few other tricks up his sleeve. As the light goes green, he turns on his turn signal and turns right down the road.

This one doesn't read my blog apparently. There is no sign at this light saying not to turn right on red. They sat through the whole light with no blinker, as I sat behind them, staring in my office window, then they decide to tell me that they're going the same way. Clearly someone was unprepared for a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment