Thursday 5:58 PM. Boston, Mass.
Locale: Bunker Hill Street, a three lane road, where the left lanes are merging due to construction.
Perpetrator: Blue Sedan

There are plenty of repeat offenders that I come across when looking for winners for these blog entries. There are only so many ways in which you can make rules of the road errors. Today's post involves not one, not two, but three previous posts that I've written about.

Today's winner occurred in the construction area of the non-Tobin bridge route. This person was clearly in a rush as he pulled a trick out of another person's playbook.

As I'm riding in the left lane, I see that beautiful orange sign that tells me lanes are converging. I love this sign because it tells me I'm probably about to encounter a blog post entry. Sure enough, as the left two lanes start to become one, I see a guy come from behind me and drive down the dotted white line in between what is about to be the two lanes. There was room for him to do this as left lane was still wide enough to accommodate the merging, but it was still a clear infraction of proper driving. It's as if when people enter a construction zone, or any zone where the roadways get a little messed up, they take that as their cue to drive wherever the hell they feel like it. Perhaps today's winner thought he was on his motorcycle, scooter, or other vehicle where it makes sense for him to drive in between two lanes of traffic. Doing this in a car just earns him one distinction: my entry for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment