Tuesday 2:06 PM. Brookline, Mass
Perpetrator: Brookline City Development Committee

Locale:
 
 
Happy Tuesday Everyone! Since yesterday was a holiday, I took the day off from my vigilant patrol of traffic idiocy. I saw some things up in Burlington Vermont over the weekend that were certainly blog worthy, but I decided to give them a break. On to today's post.
 
Oh man. Am I glad that google cam caught this one. So, here I am heading to a doctor's appointment. I need to go down the street by the CVS straight ahead in this picture. I glance to the right and see that there is no left turn. So naturally, I assume that in order to go straight across by the CVS, I need to be in the left lane.
 
Now I understand when people get in the wrong lanes to go to places. It bugs me, but I get that it happens. That's why I always look when I'm coming up to intersections to see if the lanes are specified to only be for a certain direction. So as I came up to this intersection, I got into the left lane after seeing the No Left Turn sign.
 
I was quite surprised to see both cars in front of me with their left blinkers on. I thought: "oh, here we go. We got a pair of winners here." Then I looked again at the sign. In case you haven't noticed by now, underneath the arrow, and underneath the big bold words that say "NO LEFT TURN" is smaller print that says "4pm - 6pm."
 
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like when I'm driving, especially if the light is green, I'm only glancing quickly to see the picture showing no left turn, and assuming that it means all the time. If it is just me, then I guess that I'm my own winner for the day. Since it's my blog, I'm giving it to whoever set up these signs like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment