Wednesday 5:17 PM. Brookline MA
Perpetrator: Fire Truck

Locale:
 
Let me start off by saying that I have a ton of respect for the people who put themselves in harms way to help the public good. I think that Firefighters, Police Officers, and Paramedics are all heroes in their own right. This entry is more a reflection on us normal folk rather than these people.
 
So as I'm making my way out of the city, I turn on to this street and there is a fire truck parked in the right lane with its lights flashing. Now, I'm not one of the aforementioned people who deserve respect and admiration, so I have no idea how these types of things proceed. I do know however that firetrucks, ambulances, and cops are all called to emergencies even when one party may not be necessary. So the fire truck is parked here, and there are a bunch of cars trying to go around it.
 
Now, it's reasonable to assume that we, as cognitive, licensed human beings, could efficiently maneuver around a parked truck. Sadly, this is not the case. This truck caused mass confusion as to who could go and when. I think that maybe it is not such a reach to think that after a situation has been assessed, that they could spare one member with authority to aid us useless lemmings in navigating a two way street.

No comments:

Post a Comment