Thursday 8:29 AM. Chelsea, Mass
Perpetrator: Silver Camry

Locale:

Highway merging. To this day, I still really hate highway merging. I hated it when I was learning to drive, I hate it now, and I'll probably always hate it. I feel like highways need those things that the Matchbox cars had to launch you foward onto the road. My biggest issues are:
  1. Trying to line up with the cars that are already coming, especially when it's hard to see the road you're merging with.
  2. People who don't f*cking yield.
  3. When an entrance ramp and an exit ramp share the same lane. Whoever designed highway exits like that should be shot.
Rant aside, today's winner had a wonderful combination of moves. So as he merges on, he tries to slingshot around the person behind me. This lady is not having it. It's awesome to watch. I see her flailing her arms back and forth as if to say to the guy: "Hey asshole! You yield to me."

Then, as the road allows, he goes on to do something that I see just about every day. It blows. My. Mind.

People, shortly after this picture here, will drive into the breakdown lane and ride it to the next exit. Normally, not so bad. In this case however, the next exit is .8 miles away from where this picture is. As if that weren't enough, there is another exit further up that merges again. It's the absolute dumbest thing, and day in day out people do it. If that doesn't sound so bad, let me show you just how long .8 miles feels in this traffic. For your viewing pleasure:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment