Monday 6:54 PM. Waban, Mass
Perpetrator: Black Volvo

Locale:
 
To anyone not from Massachusetts, allow me to share this bit of information with you: Massachusetts has some weird-ass town names. After a lovely family lunch at my aunt and uncle's house, I began my trek home from Waban. Yes. That's an actual place. Go ahead, try and say it as if your tongue wasn't numb. I'll wait.
 
All set? Good. Now, I'm coming up to this intersection and I'm going right. I don't know much about the area, so I have my trusty Garmin leading the way. Fortunately for me, all the traffic was in the center lane. Unfortunately for me, the Volvo in front of me wasn't sure where to go.
 
This picture is actually perfect, as that curb right in front of you is the exact curb I almost hit trying to go around this clown. The line of traffic was backed up to just about where the car in the picture is. As the Volvo pulls up to this line, he starts to drift to the right, and then stops. If you drew a line all the way back from the right turn lane up ahead, he would be sitting on top of it. Now, it was later at night, but isn't it safe to assume that if there are at least two lanes up ahead, that the one on the left would be the straight lane? Surely there can't be that many people trying to take a left there. Not only that, but from this picture, it is clear that there is a left turn lane as well. Now, it may have been dark, but I feel like he must have been able to see tail lights to the right and left of the huge line of cars he got behind. You have  to realize at this point that the right lane is a right only. Maybe that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment