Wednesday 5:49 PM. Everett, Mass
Locale: Intersection of Broadway and Beacham, a T shaped intersection with a stoplight.
Perpetrator: Blue Pickup Truck

So, I guess this weeek was just a back to basics week for everyone in Boston. By back to basics, I of course mean that everyone needs to go back and learn the basics for how to drive. Between turn signals, staying in lanes, and other seemingly simplistic things, the commuters of our fine city have managed to mess just about everything up. Today was no exception.

Let me preface this by saying that right now, the two major bridges that I can access to get home are  both under construction right now. Seriously? Whose call was that? Traffic is bad enough as it is. These bridges better be ready to collapse if they need to work on both at the same time. It better be a damn safety hazard, because the traffic it causes is most certainly a health hazard. Why? It makes people do stupid things.

I was behind this pickup for a good 2-2 1/2 miles. I'm guessing he was just about as fed up with the traffic as I was. We were finally getting to a point in the road where you could actually go above 7 MPH, and the road was now two lanes, instead of one. The relief was short lived however, as we now hit a slew of stoplights. Obviously, in an attempt to infuriate and/or mock us, they all start hitting red as we approach. So we come to this last stoplight, and he comes to a full stop as it goes red. Its commanding red light separating us from our destination. The traffic going the opposite way from us now has a green light, as some cars are going straight and others are turning in front of us down the length of the T stop.

Well, this guy apparently had enough.

After sitting there for a good minute and a half at this red light, he just decides to drive right through it. He almost gets hit by a car turning left down the T. Not only this, but he somehow inspired the car next to him to do the same thing! About 5 seconds later, the light goes green and I end up behind our impatient friend a few moments later. I was glad I caught up to him, as I needed to give him the old thumbs up for being my winner for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment